Friday, January 16, 2009

Shipping off to Orlando

Tomorrow (Saturday) morning, Norwegian time, my plane leaves for Orlando and my first Lotusphere. Hopefully I've remembered to pack everything.

Just in case I need to be formal, I've packed a suit. Unfortunately, the tie was undone, and I don't know how to tie a tie. A few years ago, I'd have to ask a relative to tie the tie for me, but in this information age, all I needed to do was to go to youtube and do a search.

In case you also don't know how to tie a tie, here's how:


I'd hoped to arrive in time for B.A.L.D., but looking over my plane reservation, I see that I won't arrive at Orlando before 8pm.

But still.. Lotusphere! :)

3 comments:

Ed said...

You'll have a great time in Orlando. I've been going for the past 8 years and haven't ever needed a suit or tie.
Leave them home, but don't forget comfortable shoes, swim suit and clothing for 60-70 degree F weather.
Don't pack t-shirts because you'll pick up too many at the vendor booths.
Safe Trip!

Anonymous said...

Have save trip. We have been in Tampa with Jon Olav 2 months ago... well probably the weather will perfect for You :)

Tommy Valand said...

Thank you!

Unfortunately there's currently a cold front covering the (eastern part of?) US. The temperature in Orlando is like a norwegian spring/fall.

According to the weather reports, it seems like the temperature will be around 15 degrees celsius most of my stay. Still.. It's a lot better than the 2-4 degrees, wind and rain we have on the south-west coast of Norway :)